History

Main New Wing

Incorporated as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit in 1995, the Foundation helped raise nearly $1 million in private donations for the 2001 expansion, renovation and restoration project of the main library. The project was carried out in two phases: the first, the renovation of the 1938 Coletti addition and the construction of a 55,000 square foot new addition; the second, the restoration of the 1882 National Historic Landmark H. H. Richardson building and its 1907 Aiken wing. In 2015 the Foundation raised funds to purchase 100 new chairs for the main library.